Re: startup: State of the Venture Capital in Switzerland

From: Nicole Hillbrecht <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 23:35:32 +0200

I do agree mostly, but one must not forget that the market in Switzerland
totally differs from the one here in the USA. People here tend to use the
Internet in a different way than people in Switzerland. Therefore e-Companies in
Switzerland may never be comparable to the ones in the States. I remind there at
funny pure Internet companies like registerthebride.com, etc.. Switzerland is
probably not the right place for pure Internet companies.

There are successful start-ups and young companies (as for example also headwire
:-), but there will always be differences between Swiss and US companies.

Nicole

Nicole Hillbrecht
headwire
25006 crystal circle