Re: startup: State of the Venture Capital in Switzerland

From: Daniel Leu <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 12:17:59 -0700

Ok, you can use freesurf or whatever it is called to avoid the ISP charges.
I use it too while travelling in Europe. And you are right that the view
dollars telecom charges for checking email is not a lot.

The question was more about residential use. How does Internet use enable
new business and new markets. This is when users not only use email, but
surf the web. Then suddenly, we see hours of on-line time per day! The bill
from Swisscom won't be a couple of bucks anymore.... But if you have a flat
rate for $12 or so and a local access number, users don't have to care on
how much time they spend on-line! This is what we need!

- Daniel