sfbay: Car insurance agent

From: Nico Ghilardi <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 20:34:24 -0700

Hi everyone

my car insurance (with AIG) just went up a solid 41%, for the sole
reason that the company had to pay more claims in California recently.
Not that I had a claim or something. So now I am looking for something
cheaper. Does anyone know a reasonable agent for car insurance in the
bay area (live person or internet agent)? Also, what insurance companies
have you made good experiences with? In particular, does anyone have
experience with AAA insurance?

For comparison, we are two drivers with a clean record each, born 1970
and 1969, and have obtained California licenses just short of 3 years
ago. We have one car, which is a 1991 Honda Accord, and we live on the
Peninsula.

any help appreciated

cheers
Nico