[SFBay] Chocolate, Stammtisch & Club Entrepreneur: January 12th 5:30 pm

From: <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 17:02:34 -0800 (PST)

Please join us for the monthly Swiss American Chamber of Commerce Stammtisch held every 2nd Thursday of the month at 5:30 pm at Swissnex.

Jurgen Auerbach, CFO of Ghiradelli will speak "All About Chocolate!" We will learn about how chocolate is made, from bean to bar; what to look for when tasting chocolate and more. Chocolate tasting will follow, so please rsvp so that we can be sure to accomodate you.

We will also have an update from the Club Enterprenuer.

When: January 12th, Thursday, from 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm

Where: swissnex, 730 Montgomery Street, San Francisco, CA 94111, (http://www.swissnex.org/connect.html)

Cost: $5.00 for Chamber members and $10.00 for all others. Refreshments will be served.

RSVP: You may RSVP and make payment if desired) at: http://www.acteva.com/go/saccbizforum. You may also email your rsvp to New attendees are welcome.

Agenda:

5:30pm Doors Open

6:00pm SACC Overview

6:15pm Presentation

7:00pm Club Entrepeneur Presentation

7:30pm Depart for Optional No-Host Dinner

Thanks to everyone who made the social with the Swiss and French American Chambers such a huge success. We had nearly 50 people in attendance and expect a similar crowd next Thursday.

Please consider joining the Chamber at the beginning of the year to reap benefits all year round. See membership information below.

I hope to see you next Thursday.

Cheers,

Andreas Glocker
Stammtisch Chair, SACC and owner of Fastmetrics
f a s t metrics | networks and knowledge| 415-778-5105 | http://www.fastmetrics.com

About our speaker:
Jurgen Auerbach is CFO of premium chocolate maker Ghirardelli Chocolate Company. Ghirardelli is owned by the Swiss chocolatier Lindt & Sprüngli and has become the leading American chocolate brand that is sold through supermarkets. In addition to its branded wholesale business, Ghirardelli owns and operates a chain of retail stores throughout the country. Jurgen became CFO of Ghirardelli in May 2000 when he relocated with his wife to the US from Switzerland. Prior to working at Ghirardelli, Jurgen was head of corporate controlling for the Lindt & Sprüngli Group. He holds a degree in Business Administration and Economics from the University of Zurich.

-= Upcoming AmCham Events =-

February 8th - Stephane Follonier of Canderis Biosciences, Club Entrepreneur's First Project: Where are they Today?

March 9th - Esther Scott of UBS on Retirement Plans for Small to Medium Businesses. E: esther.scott_at_ubs.com T. 415-576-3750

April 13, 2006 - Alex Fries of the European American Angels Club will discuss how the EAAC supports European start-ups and Entrepreneurs by financing their ideas.

May 11, 2006 - Chip Doyle on Increasing Sales

June 8th - TBA

July 13th - TBA

August - No Stammtisch

September 14th - TBA

October 2nd - TBA

November 9th - TBA

December - No Stammtisch

 -= Stammtisch & Chamber General Information =-

The SACC Stammtisch is held on the second Thursday of each month at swissnex except for August and December, when there is no Stammtisch.

If you would like to present at a future meeting, please become a member and email me with your interest at stammtisch_at_fastmetrics.com.

For information on joining the Chamber, email the Chamber at or see http://sacc.fastmetrics.com/stammtisch.html

Membership levels:

Friend of the Chamber ($50)

Small Business Membership ($200)