Re: swiss-list: B1 visa and reentry

From: <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 11:23:56 EDT

Following up on what Laurent said, be careful especially with a B1 visa. With
this type of visa, you are only allowed to come to the US for a couple of
days/weeks to do business within a maximum of 6 months (can be extended one
time for another 6 months), but you are not allowed to be residing in the US
during this period.

Also, keep in mind that with a B1 visa it is entirely up to the INS officer
to let you in and to decide how long to allow you to stay in the US. If you
hesitate on a date, it is likely that the officer will only let you in for a
short period of time. So be ready to justify for what reasons and for how
long you intend to stay in the US.

-- Pascal Marmier