swiss-list: TSR wants to get in touch with Swiss-listers (not Temps Présent)

From: Laurent Vuilleumier <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 17:29:05 -0700

Dear Swiss-listers,

Well, it seems there is again some media interest in the brain-
drain or the flux of neurons between Switzerland and US.

I have been contacted by a reporter working for TSR. Note,
this is not Françoise Chuard who is working for the Temps
Présent show. The reporter, Odile Isralson, wants to organize
a series of portrait about some Swiss that chose to stay here
or are stuck here (2-3 minutes per portrait, 3 portraits max.).
I include below a message she asked me to pass on to you. As
far as I understood, it would be for the evening news. One thing
we discussed yesterday was that they (TSR) may want to have
as background for one of their portrait a meeting of Swiss-listers.
Unfortunately, they cannot make it for the June 12 BBQ. Would
their be an interest in another meeting, let's say at Gordon Bierch,
during the week starting the 21. Do not get too excited, and do
not overhaul your plan just to get on TV. TV typically shoots
a lot of hours just for minutes of air time. If they decide, when
editing, that the light is not good, they just throw the sequence.

Now, what I said about meeting at Gordon Bierch has nothing
to do with who will get his portrait done. If you feel you should
be the one, contact Odile (see her message below).

--
Laurent Vuilleumier               e-mail: L_Vuilleumier_at_lbl.gov
Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory      phone : (510) 486-6108